Care and Use: Filtered Hydration Bottles
Congratulations on the purchase of this Genuine Thermos® Brand product. This product is designed and built to exacting standards in order to enhance
and endure your life’s many experiences. By taking proper care of this item, you can expect years of dependable service. Please read the information
presented below to get the most out of your new Thermos product.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR FILTER AND BOTTLE
- Please see the illustrations on the following pages for instructions on how to disassemble your bottle and its components for washing.
- Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts, except filter, with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with
cool water and allow to dry.
- The bottle and lid parts are top rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water
that may affect the appearance of your bottle.
- DO NOT use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
- DO NOT wash filter in the dishwasher. If you accidently wash your filter in the dishwasher, please discard and replace with a new filter.
- DO NOT wash filter with soap. To clean filter, rinse with cool water only.
- To reassemble your bottle after washing, follow the disassembly instructions in reverse order.
- For optimum performance, it is recommended to leave the filter in the drink tube assembly until it is time to replace the filter.
HOW TO USE YOUR FILTER AND BOTTLE
- Before first use and to get optimum results from your new filtration bottle, insert filter into drink tube assembly and submerge the entire filter
in cold water for 1 hour. Remove filter from water and rinse with cold running water for 3 minutes to wash off any loose carbon particles on the filter.
Insert drink tube assembly with filter into bottle and fill bottle with water. Let water pass through the filter and discard this water.
- After this procedure is completed, fill the bottle up to fill line with potable water, screw lid back on, and enjoy your new Thermos Filtration Bottle.
- DO NOT fill the bottle through the drink tube – water MUST be filled to the outside of the drink tube.
- Bottle lid MUST be open for the water to pass through the filter – the filter will not work when the lid is closed (see illustration).
- Filter should be replaced after every 20 gallons (128 full bottles) of use – filter replacement is important for the product to perform as represented.
Replacement filters (model TF4900) generally retail for $8.00.
To remove lid unscrew counter-clockwise. Remove all packaging inside the bottle.
Pull drink tube assembly up to remove from bottle.
DRINK TUBE ASSEMBLY
Remove both gaskets from drink tube assembly by pulling off as shown inillustration.
Twist filter counter-clockwise and align filter tabs with slots on filter body to remove.
Pull filter up to remove from drink tube
- Rinse filter with cool water only.
- DO NOT wash with soap.
- DO NOT wash in dishwasher.
- Before first use submerge filter in cold tap water for a minimum of 30 minutes – proper pre-soaking will improve the initial filter flow rate.
Wash all parts shown below with warm, soapy water. All parts shown below are dishwasher safe (top rack only), but for prolonged life of the product hand
washing is recommended.
TO ENSURE PROPER PERFORMANCE OF YOUR PRODUCT, FOLLOW THE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW WHEN REASSEMBLING YOUR FILTRATION BOTTLE.
When replacing the drink tube assembly gaskets, make sure they are in place and properly seated as shown in the illustration.
When replacing drink tube assembly back inside the bottle, make sure to press the drink tube assembly down until it stops at the 3 ribs inside the bottom
of the bottle as shown in illustration.
Fill bottle with water and let the water pass through the filter and into the lower reservoir under the filter until the lower reservoir is full. Once
the lower reservoir is full, proceed to fill up the bottle to the fill line shown in the illustration.
Once the bottle has been filled to the fill line, replace the lid by screwing it clockwise until it comes to a stop.
LID CAP MUST BE IN OPEN POSITION, AS SHOWN IN THE ILLUSTRATION, IN ORDER FOR UNFILTERED WATER TO FLOW THROUGH THE FILTER AND INTO THE BOTTOM RESERVOIR.
WATER WILL NOT FLOW THROUGH THE FILTER WHILE THE LID CAP IS CLOSED.
- Filter is intended to be used with potable water only. If you plan to use the bottle for beverages other than potable water, remove and store the filter
in a plastic bag placed in the refrigerator. If the filter is not used for a period of 5 days, discard the filter.
- Dairy or other liquids that spoil easily should not be kept in product for prolonged periods.
- Not intended for carbonated beverages as carbonation places product under pressure and may cause product to leak.
- NOT FOR USE WITH HOT LIQUIDS.
- For cold liquids only. Hot liquids may cause burns or damage filter.
- Operating temperature: Min. 35 F/2 C – Max 85 F/29 C
- DO NOT microwave the bottle or filter.
- DO NOT freeze the bottle or filter.
The Thermos® Filtration
Bottle has been tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standards 42 and 53 for reduction of the claims specified on the
performance data sheet.
- The contaminants or other substances reduced by the Thermos Filtration Bottle system may not be found in all users’ water. Filter replacement is
essential for product to perform as represented. Please follow all recommended guidelines for filter replacement.
- The Thermos Filtration Bottle is not intended to purify water. Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe or of unknown quality without
adequate disinfection before or after the system. Please consult your local water provider for actual water quality or if you have a well, have your water
tested by a qualified water testing laboratory.
- For use with potable water only.
- Bottle Lid must be open for the water to pass through the filter – the filter will not work when the lid is closed.
Thermos L.L.C. warrants this Genuine Thermos Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for one year from date of purchase (except
for the filter cartridge which is warranted for 30 days). We will, at our option, repair or replace any product component part that fails to conform to this
warranty within 30 days after its receipt by our factory service department. IN NO EVENT WILL THERMOS BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL
DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of incidental, consequential or special damages, so the preceding exclusion may not apply to you. This
is a factory guarantee. Do not return this product to the retailer. Send defective product directly to:
Thermos L.L.C. – Warranty Service
355 Thermos Road, Batesville, MS 38606, USA
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
Thermos is a registered trademark in over 115 countries.